Frequently Asked Questions
- "Can I reserve a pitch?" Sorry, we now only take bookings online with full payment, but you can add campers to your party later if you wish.
- "Do you take Motorhomes?" Yes e have a hard standing for one small motor home on Camper Glade but please don't try other pitches as they can sink in.
- "Do you take caravans?" Our site is not ideal for touring caravans and as a rule we will say "No" but if you have a small caravan and are an experienced driver talk to us.
- "Do you take dogs?" Yes if they are under control and do not bother other campers or local farm animals a maximum of 2 dogs per party are allowed. Dogs are allowed to camp free.
- "Do you take children?" Yes our site is a great natural playground but not without its risks so please supervise your children when playing. Please ask your children to respect the 100 year old archaeology and only enter on escorted tours. Sadly due to a minority damaging the trenches and taking reconstruction trench timbers to burn they are now closed and managed by the Love Wood Trust. Organised tours can be booked online but are subject to en actors availability.
- "Are there baby facilities?" No, not at the moment. If you have a baby or a very young child you will enjoy your visit more if you wait a couple of years.
- "Can we forage for wood" No. We used to allow this but sadly a very small minority took it to extremes so to be fair to everyone it has to be a very strict No.
- "Can we bring wood cutting tools?" No. No knives, axes or machetes are allowed on site. It is a criminal offence to hold these items in a public place like a campsite. If you need small wood from a portable wood burner please cut what you need at home or buy our kindling size wood.
- "What happens if we break the conditions of booking?" 99% of our campers comply with the conditions of booking but if you break them you will be asked to leave the site immediately and charged for any damage or distress caused to other campers. DH Ltd will prosecute appropriately.